Position: Business Development Executive
Organization: Global InfoSwift Limited
Location: Lagos, Port-Harcourt - Nigeria
Job Code: BDE/05-1405X-VUR/2014
Global InfoSwift Limited (GIS), a Nigerian company, we help organizations build businesses of the future. With a team of dedicated employees, GIS is uniquely positioned to support organizations in scattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering outstanding results. Our Services cuts across the major organisations in the Nigerian economy. Join us and you can help our clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that keep the nation going every day.
The Business Development Manager (BDE) role is accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets. The BDE is responsible for identifying and engaging on strategic opportunities, developing new clients, and driving new capabilities into their target accounts. The BDE is expected to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of GIS Services offerings, financial drivers and imperatives, and develop and maintain relationships that benefit GIS. The role includes an individual sales contributor target comprising pipeline qualification and sales achievement.
This position will provide Business Development support to the Consulting, Technologies and Advocacy practices within Global InfoSwift.
Specific duties include:
- Personally develop and sustain GIS and client executive relationships through market-facing activities (e.g., industry associations, boards, conferences), meetings, presentations, business networking and/or other business or social events
- Develop client communications strategies/messages, define customer contact strategies and establish/manage customer call plans
- Support client delivery and business development teams in building relationships with client decision makers and key influencers; shape opportunities within client and Global InfoSwift procurement policies and guidelines
- Identify and qualify specific sales opportunities and effectively transition the opportunities to capture teams. Focus is on originating profitable deals that can be successfully closed and delivered as sold. Leverage extensive relationships to identify the “right deals”.
- Drive sales campaigns and ensure involvement of senior GIS executives to develop winning, compelling and compliant win strategies and proposals
- Develop capture tactics, win strategies, discriminators, competitive analysis, and teaming strategies that balance program risk and reward with minimal supervision
- Facilitate corporate reviews; create presentations for and lead Stage Reviews and obtain necessary approvals
- Maintain opportunity data in GIS Opportunity Management (OM)
- Understand and stay current with competitors' strengths and weaknesses in the account and growth platform marketplace; effectively articulate GIS' competitive advantage
- Coordinate and participate in proactively integrating portfolio sales and business development with Marketing, Media Relations and Client initiatives
- Help develop and maintain sales collateral specific to support specific industries
· 10+ years successful sales experience as Business Development Executive on $10M or larger programs
• 5+ years’ experience using formal sales capture processes
• 10 years experience working with or selling to Enterprise Accounts
• 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: Consulting Services, Business Process Outsourcing, or Information Technology solutions, services, and markets including knowledge of competitive offerings
· 5+ years’ experience with relevant (i.e., Banks & Financial Institutions, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications) acquisition processes, procedures, and laws
• 3+ years project management experience
Professional Skill Requirements:
· High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
• Strong facilitation and communication skills – both written and verbal
• Proven record as a team player
• Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
• Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing new products or services for a large business entity
• Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision making abilities
• Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
• Minimum – Bachelor’s degree
Essential Competencies and Capabilities
Applicants must :
Have a Strong strategic focus
Be results-driven, innovative and committed to high standards of performance.
Be highly adaptable, creative, and used to delivering results in a dynamic and fluid working environment.
Be able to leverage their experience to rapidly assume a wide range of responsibilities and make decisive and tangible contributions to the Organisation.
Applicants must be comfortable negotiating change, taking responsibility, and making complex strategic and operational decisions.
Applicants must demonstrate integrity and high personal ethical standards;
Be highly numerate, analytical and detailed focused; and be
Be strongly committed to business development.
To apply Submit Resume