These are some of the clients we have worked with to provide high net worth consulting and technology services. Some of the engagements are ongoing.
These are some of the clients we have worked with to provide high net worth consulting and technology services. Some of the engagements are ongoing. Our track record involves collaborating with our clients to move them to higher levels of business performance.
FirstBank of Nigeria Plc.
Client Overview FirstBank of Nigeria Plc. is the foremost financial institution in Nigeria offering banking services both on national and international frontiers. The bank has been through many seasons since 1894, from being the only bank in Nigeria
for decades weathered the "banking explosion" of the 1930s to 1950s followed by an era of government ownership and control to a flurry of consolidations and then gradual growth in number of banks up to the early 1980s and finally
deregulation of the banking sector which started in the 90s leading to the recent shake-up to 25 banks. All through the seasons, FirstBank has remained resilient, dependably dynamic and “truly the first”. Business Challenge
How Global InfoSwift Helped
- The management of the bank decided to implement the ISO management systems i.e. BS 25999 and ISO 27001 for business continuity and information security respectively.
- Conducted a comprehensive gap assessment across relevant domains and departments of the Head Office in order to determine the level of compliance with the ISO standards
- Provided recommendations on how to close the identified gaps
- Developed a roadmap to implement ISO-compliant processes and procedures across the bank’s Head Office.
- Trained key staff on the awareness, implementation, audit and adoption of the ISO standards.
- Conducted a pre-certification assessment prior to the external audit by BSI.
- Obtained the ISO Certification for Business Continuity and Information Security.
- Setup an Information Security forum in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Compliance with legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements
- Increased overall organizational efficiency and operational performance
- Minimized internal and external risks to business continuity
- Significantly limited security and privacy breaches
- Provided a process for Information Security and Corporate Governance
- Reduced operational risk while threats are assessed and vulnerabilities are mitigated
- Provided FirstBank with continuous protection that allows for a flexible, effective, and defensible approach to security and privacy
- Provided a strategic agenda for the bank to retain competitive advantage. ISO 27001 certification is recognized on a worldwide basis
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
Overview The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has overall control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government. The Bank is charged with the responsibility of administering the Banks and Other Financial
Institutions (BOFI) Act (1991) as amended, with the sole aim of ensuring high standards of banking practice and financial stability through its surveillance activities, as well as the promotion of an efficient payment system. Business
- The main objective of this project was to help the bank in realizing its strategic intent and business imperatives to be “one of the most efficient and effective world's Central Banks in promoting and sustaining economic development
- Global InfoSwift in partnership with Atos Origin, the world-renowned provider of IT solution services, worked together on this ground-breaking project tagged “Project Eagles” for the Central Bank of Nigeria
How Global InfoSwift Helped The Project commenced in 1999 and was split into four phases. Global InfoSwift & Atos worked together on the fourth and final stage providing the following services:
- Business Consulting
- Systems Integration
- Managed operations by formulating & implementing strategies for Business Continuity, Knowledge Management and Service Oriented Architecture
- Alignment of the IT organization to the business environment, service delivery, best practices, standards, governance, skills development, processes etc.
- Increased visibility and value of business data
- Greater efficiency and cost savings
MTN Nigeria is one of the foremost and leading telecommunications provider in Nigeria and West Africa. The company provides various voice, data and internet services to over 40 million subscribers in Nigeria. Business Challenge Due to the strategic
position of enterprise architecture to give an organization a true picture of business, technology and infrastructure landscape, it became imperative to implement an EA Tool for MTN Nigeria. Typical challenges posed to the client
How Global InfoSwift Helped
- Inability to provide a clear and complete view of the organization’s business and technology assets
- Inability to drill down, perform impact/scenario analysis and prepare IT roadmaps
- Inability to provide a common repository that will foster coordination, collaboration and communication amongst all EA stakeholders
- Inability to make quick but relevant decisions on how to improve company performance
- Inability to drive transformation projects in the organization within established constraints
- The EA tool implemented is called “Mega Enterprise Architecture Tool”
Benefits The EA tool:
- Installed the Mega solution and Mega Advisor (for web-access)
- Collaborated with the MTN team members to document the entire functional requirements (User Requirements Specification) and captured relevant EA data
- Developed the Mega Methodological Guide – an approach for the EA modeling
- Developed the Solution Design Documentation
- Customized the Mega solution to align with client’s requirements
- Completed the modeling of all required architectures including the Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Information Architecture, Technical Architecture
- Completed Architecture Reference Library and Standards Information Base
- Completed sample transition plan and IT roadmap
- Completed sample deployment roadmap
- Completed User Acceptance Test
- Conducted both functional and administrative end-user trainings
- Provides a clear and complete view on the organization’s interrelated assets and processes.
- Powerful impact analysis and reporting capabilities
- Supports IT planning projects in relation with business priorities to make well-informed decisions about strategic IT asset acquisition, management, and retirement.
- Enhances Coordination, Collaboration and Communication (the 3 C’s) across all EA stakeholders.
Celtel, (formerly Econet Wireless Nigeria Limited & Vmobile) offers wireless telecommunication and internet services in Nigeria. Business Challenge
How Global InfoSwift Helped
- Project Sankofa as this project was named was executed by Global InfoSwift in conjunction with Symantec to provide protection for Celtel’s Enterprise Data in a highly optimised fashion, whilst making the best use of existing assets
(hardware and resources)
- Data protection of IT and Data assets
- Development of disaster recovery plans of the underlying technology infrastructure
- Implemented strategies to ensure high availability and recovery of data
- Greater degree of resilience to enterprise systems, allowing for higher uptime and much faster recoveries whilst being simpler to operate and maintain